Photo by Weathercarrot
One of the joys of trail work is the people you meet. In the late 1990's, we re-routed the AT down the back side of Humpback Mountain and away from the very busy Humpback Rocks to give folks on the AT a more primitive, 'wilderness' experience. The work took three years and we were getting 3 weeks of Konnarock assistance each of those years so it was a massive effort to get the relo completed (about 4.0 miles of trail to be constructed).
Those were the trail crew days that are my very best memories of Konnarock and constructing trail. It was just a grand time, with many old friends turning up to help every year and many new friends made. A new friend that I met during this time was a great fellow with the trail name Weathercarrot (he loves the subject of weather and he has red hair). Weathercarrot (or 'wc') was also one of the crew members who unfortunately got stung during the ground bee episode that resulted in Yellow Jacket Ridge getting its name ( Trail Hazards: 'Ground Bees' aka Yellow Jackets ).
Weathercarrot spends a lot of time out on various trails and on rare occasions I will see a reference to him on a list serve or elsewhere. Last week, I ran into an email from him, telling friends about a link to pictures he has taken out on the Pacific Crest Trail. I had to take a look and I was enchanted with the photos and astounded at the beauty I was seeing. Weathercarrot is a terrific photographer and you will be able to see that in his pictures because ....... he has given me permission to post a link to them! I think you will find the photos to be phenomenal and I want to extend my grateful thanks and appreciation to 'wc' for so generously sharing his photos with us. All I have left to say is "enjoy"!!

No comments:
Post a Comment