My niece's dog Eva was on a hike and while 'her people' were resting at the Little Raven's Roost* overlook, she decided that some trail maintenance was in order. I think we need to get her a personal pair of Fiskar loppers 'cause her "choppers" don't appear to be working so well, but she surely gets an "A" for effort and enthusiasm! Perhaps maybe chainsaw certification is in order ........ nah, on second thought, no telling how big a tree she'd tackle if equipped with a chainsaw - yikes!
After working so hard trying to help us take down one of those pesky little trees that are constantly growing up and getting in the way, I'm thinking we need to get Eva a club T-shirt and a patch. She loves meeting and greeting folks while out hiking and she would be a great ambassador for encouraging "people" volunteers to help us out with trail maintenance! :-)
UPDATE:
Oh my .... it has come to my attention that Eva, hearing we have some trail sections that are 'vacant' (need a maintainer/overseer), has been out recruiting some additional volunteers on her own:
Wow! I'm impressed - thank you Eva!!
(but I'm a little bit worried about the chubby fella' with the short legs sitting in front!)
* Little Raven's Roost is on the 4-mile west side section of AT.


No comments:
Post a Comment